Friday, March 15, 2013

Dearest Daddy

 
 
Do you remember, Dearest Daddy?  I asked as I tucked my arm under His.  I rested my head on His strong shoulder and together we sat in silence remembering the night I prayed and asked Him to be my daddy.  He smiled brightly and rested His head on mine to acknowledge...He remembered. 
 
Do you remember, Dearest Daddy? I was so scared, broken and alone..... I had no where to run.  When I closed my eyes against the dark, I saw you standing there with your arms open wide.  I ran to you and never looked back.  You caught me and covered me in your strong embrace. You made me safe, whole and loved.  He wiped the tear falling down my check.....He remembered.
 
Do you remember, Dearest Daddy?  All the long talks we had?  Sitting on your knee, we would talk for hours.   Gently taking me from my rooms darkness, we walked heavens streets of gold together and planned my "playhouse" mansion.  Is it still there, Daddy, waiting for me?  He smoothed the piece of hair that feel into my eyes......He remembered.
 
Do you remember, Dearest Daddy?  When I asked if you would just once, come down, and hold me for real and comfort me like a real Daddy should?  I waited, Daddy.  For a long time I waited.  Overcome with worship, in thankfulness and joy, I began to weep.  He smiled a big, daddy smile and squeezed my hand, pinching my diamond ring between my fingers.  He remembered.............
 
Dearest Daddy... thank you, I whispered as I twisted my wedding ring around my finger. Behind his green eyes, Daddy.....I can see You.  In his strong, comforting embrace, Daddy, I can feel You.  My rock..my shelter, everything You are and have been, my God, to me..... You made my husband to be.  You remembered me, Daddy.  I hugged his neck tight and with an outstretched arm my Dearest Daddy reached for my husband and brought him into our embrace.  Smiling in the comfort and safety of my strong tower I can truly say, "I am my beloveds and my beloved is mine."
 
<3 Happy 23rd Anniversary to, Kris, my beloved!  <3
 
 
 
  

5 comments: